Easter Egg Tips
September 20, 2019
Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs Every Time
- Place a single layer of eggs in large pot.
- Cover with COLD water and heat until the water comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and allow eggs to sit in the hot water for about 20 minutes.
- You should never have green yolks again!
Are your eggs fresh?
- Place a raw egg in a glass of water.
- It will lay on the bottom if it’s fresh.
- If it stays on the bottom with the small end up it is still alright.
- If it floats in the middle of the glass it should be safe to eat but it is not very fresh.
- If it floats throw it away like the dead goldfish it resembles…it’s rotten!
Create “Empty” Easter Eggs for Annual Decorations
What you will need: Raw Egg, Pin or Needle, Large Bowl
Optional: Baby Nose Aspirator
- Use a pin or needle to make a hole in the fat end of a raw. Wiggle the needle around or use a nail to create a slightly larger hole. The hole should be about 1/4″ across, or about the size of a pencil eraser.
- Make a hole in the opposite end of the egg. This hole can be much smaller.
- Insert the needle into the egg to break the yolk (this makes it easier to remove the egg).
- Use your mouth, or a baby’s nose aspirator, to blow into the small hole to remove the yolk and egg white into a large bowl.
- When the yolk has been removed from the shell, run water into the eggshell, shake it to rinse the insides well, pour it out, and let air dry for a few minutes.